This BALMUDA original is reminiscent of the American Clubhouse Sandwich. Our recipe includes Teriyaki Chicken, Ham, and Egg (CHEGG) all stacked between three layers of toasted bread. It offers a good variety of textures and exotic flavors. Make sure to grill the three pieces of toast at the same time to create a crunchy separation between the layers.
- 3 sandwich bread slices
- 3.5 oz Teriyaki Chicken (see below on how to make one)
- 2 eggs
- 1 piece of iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomato slices (3/8 inch. thick)
- 1 slice of ham
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Ingredients for Teriyaki Chicken:
- 3.5 oz chicken breast (skinless)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Japanese sake
- 1 tbsp sugar
Ready in 15 minutes (excluding prep)
- Prep: Make Teriyaki Chicken
Heat a small pan and add olive oil. When the oil is heated, reduce the heat to low and cook the chicken for 4 minutes on each side. Add all seasonings, cover the pan, increase the heat to medium, bring to a simmer, and turn off heat.
After it cools down, put the chicken and the liquid into a storage container and let it soak up the flavors overnight in the fridge.
- Make a fried omelette:
Beat the egg in a bowl and heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat. When the oil is heated, add the beaten eggs, stir well, and shape the eggs into a round omelette. Turn the omelette over and cook the other side.
- Wash lettuce, pat dry and tear into large pieces. Cut the Teriyaki Chicken into 1/4 inch thick slices.
Tip: It is easier to place the ingredients in the following order: ham, tomato, fried omelette, lettuce, and Teriyaki Chicken – refer to the photo.
- Toast the bread:
Place two of the three slices in the toaster stacked on top of each other, and place the remaining one next to them. Place on Toast Mode for 5 – 6 minutes.
- After toasting, spread 1 tsp of mustard and 1 tbsp of mayonnaise on the unbrowned side of each of the bread slices. For the remaining piece of bread that is browned on both sides, spread 1 tsp of mustard on one side.
- Place the ingredients between the toast:On the slice of bread coated with mustard and mayonnaise place a slice of ham, then two slices of tomato on it diagonally and cover with the fried omelette.Next, place the piece of bread that has been browned on both sides (mustard coated side down) on top of the lettuce, and evenly arrange the Teriyaki Chicken.
Layer the last piece of bread, mustard/mayonnaise coated side down.
- Cut Step 6 into quarters, pressing down lightly with your hands to form a triangular shape. Secure with a toothpick so that it does not fall apart.
If you like, you can garnish with french fries or pickles to make a hearty plate like you would find at a hotel or diner.
Tip: Careful cutting is the key to a beautiful cross section. Place the knife on a diagonal line and press down on the bread with your fingers and palm to stabilize your hand and prevent crumbling.