Start your new year off right by preparing this delicious and easy-to-make Japanese mochi recipe.
- 2 pieces of mochi (rice cakes)
- 6.8 oz water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 oz soy sauce
- 1/4 cup starch
- 1 oz water
Ready in 10 min
- Place the Sauce ingredients in a pan. Heat until the granulated sugar melts and turn off the heat.
- Mix the Thickening ingredients well. Add it to the sauce in the pan and mix well. Put the heat on and mix until it looks glossy.
- Place the mochi on the aluminum foil and bake on Oven Mode at 230°C for 6 – 8 minutes
- Place the baked mochi on the plate and pour the sauce on it. It’s easier to eat if you cut the mochi in half after heated.